Trips & Visits
Throughout the school year, and at all levels of the school, we arrange regular trips or visits to enrich the curriculum and the educational experience of the children. In such cases, the school may ask the PTA for a donation to help subsidise this and also invite parents to contribute to the cost. All contributions are voluntary, however if we do not receive sufficient voluntary contributions, we may cancel a trip. If a trip goes ahead, it may include children whose parents have not paid any contribution. We do not treat these children differently from any others.
The following is a list of additional activities, organised by the school, which may require voluntary contributions from parents. These activities are known as ‘optional extras’.
This list is not exhaustive:
- Visits to museums;
- Sporting activities which require transport expenses;
- Outdoor adventure activities;
- Visits to or by a theatre company;
- Musical events.
Recent events include:
- Farm visits to discover how animals are reared locally,
- A day at Coldharbour Mill studying the Victorians,
- A day out in Bristol zoo to find out how animals are affected by temperature and climate,
- A visit from a local museum curator demonstrating toys and games from the past,
- A trip to Bovington Tank museum Weymouth to find out more about WW2
- An outdoor adventure residential visit to Pinkery on Exmoor or Kilve Court